Valley Community Council meets on the third Wednesday of each month, with the exception of August.
Meetings start at 7pm and are held at Parc Mwd, Valley LL65 3EW. Please see the map on the right for further location information.
Members of the public may attend but cannot speak unless invited to.
Current and archived Minutes for meetings dating back to 2014 can be found below. All documents are in Adobe Reader format.
Council Aims & Roles
Develop strategies to encourage the usage of the welsh language and bilingualism in the community and ensure that views of individuals are heard, to ensure community development.
- Manage and maintain the cemetery
- Manage the Park Mwd Pavillion
- Analyse planning applications
- Propose highways improvement
- Listen and solve parochial issues in the community
- Liaise with community officers to ensure safety in Valley
- Designate financial support to voluntary service, charities and organisations
The Community Council aims to achieve an improvement in our environment, to enrich the quality of life and preserve the diversity of local life. The Council will endeavour to protect the rural character of the village and retain their local identity.
Valley Community consist of 13 councillors who meet every third Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm in Valley Community School. The annual general meeting (AGM) held once a year, usually in May where a Chairman and Vice-Chairman are elected for that forthcoming year. Also sub-committees are formed and members appointed to serve the council in external institutions.